Digitalisation, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Processing, Data Sharing, Data Privacy, GDPR, Data Breaches, Ransomware Attacks, Malware, Data Recovery, Cybersecurity, Blockchain’
All the above are just some of the terms that have invaded both our personal and our business vocabularies seemingly overnight. The pace at which technology is advancing is breathtaking and many things which once seemed impossible are now almost mundane
Whilst new technology does open up many exciting opportunities it can also be overwhelming and make us feel vulnerable. We approach cyber as a corporate governance risk and advise on the full spectrum of cyber issues. This includes helping our clients understand and mitigate cyber risks, both in their ‘business as usual’ operations, and when engaging in activities which raise specific cyber concerns.
Our experienced lawyers in our Data Privacy and Cybersecurity practice can assist you with:
- Implementing appropriate measures, policies, and procedures to ensure the protection of your data
- Implementing the appropriate procedures to ensure the compliance with all relevant regulations (such as GDPR) and national and cross-border legislation.
- Developing the appropriate action plans to respond to and deal with cybersecurity issues that may arise
- Preparing for cyber breaches, including designing tailored cyber response plans
- Responding post breach, including advising the board on internal and external actions, coordinating investigation of the breach, and liaising with regulators and third parties
- The exercise of individuals’ rights, including customer and employee subject access requests
- The privacy implications for tech, such as AI and blockchain, and the impact of future digital regulation on data risk
- Data sharing agreements, from simple process agreements to more complex data pooling arrangements and large strategic sourcing arrangements
Lawyers in our multi-disciplinary technology practice understand the challenges facing those involved in the technology sector.
We advise on the full range of technology, e-commerce, digital and data related matters, including:
- Commercial technology arrangements from global technology outsourcings, strategic IT procurement programs and cloud solutions to traditional software, development, licensing, and maintenance agreements
- E-commerce strategies, law, and regulation
- IP related technology issues
- Data analytics and data monetisation
- Competition issues arising in the technology sector
- Corporate mergers and acquisitions and private equity transactions which require specialist IT input or have significant risk or value drivers associated with technology
- Technology, IP and data issues arising in the Fintech sector
- Legal issues surrounding Cryptocurrencies
- Compliance with Crypto-Asset Regulation
Technology, Privacy and Cybersecurity Team
The Elias Neocleous & Co LLC team consists of professionals from a range of disciplines marrying strong technical and legal skills with heightened business acumen and extensive ‘hands on’ experience. Staff are qualified in Cyber security, ethical hacking, digital forensics, GDPR compliance and Cypriot, EU and international law. We work directly with the firm’s clients but also regularly alongside other practice departments to provide comprehensive solutions for the numerous issues that may arise during business transactions.
Explore the options!
It is no accident that Elias Neocleous & Co LLC is the premier law firm in Cyprus. We appreciate the importance of building relationships with our clients and of understanding their needs. We harness the best of modern technology within our firm to improve our performance and we want to see our clients do the same. We invite you to contact our Technology, Privacy and Cybersecurity team to discuss how they can help you maximize your potential whilst minimizing your risk.